Learn How To Get Started with Home Care
The best way to provide the highest quality level of care requires an initial meeting where family and/or client meet with a Visiting Angels care coordinator. This meeting includes a detailed review of care needed, schedule request (if known), specific requests of family or client, and any other concerns. This is an excellent opportunity to ask questions of Visiting Angels and it is an excellent opportunity for us to get to know you as well. If you are feeling overwhelmed, we can make recommendations as we have much experience in understanding what works in certain situations.
The following topics are commonly discussed during initial meetings.
- Specific physical needs of the care recipient with regards to bathing and grooming, dressing, meals and diet, mobility, and incontinence.
- Reviewing schedules involving sleep, eating and medicine.
- Specific emotional needs such as social interaction, activities, conversation, appointments, and companionship.
- Specific assistance with homemaking such as preparation of meals, groceries, linens, laundry, and light housekeeping.
- Logistics of schedules, access to the home, documentation, and the details of how to work with scheduling changes, the office or the caregivers.
- If you would like to proceed with care at that time, we would establish a schedule, finalize the care plan, schedule a nurse visit, and coordinate a meeting with caregiver(s).
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.